Angel Yunier Remón Arzuaga (27 days in a thirst and hunger strike), Roilán Álvarez Rensoler (37 days in a hunger strike) and Marcelino Abreu Bonora (52 days in a hunger strike)…
3 PRISONEERS OF CONSCIENCE FACE2FACE TO DEATH IN CUBA
– Repression in Cuba is reaching its highest levels ever in the last decade as activists of the Patriotic Union of Cuba (the umbrella organization that has united 90% of the pacific dissidents in Cuba, at www.unpacu.org), with more than 8,000 affiliated members, go out on the streets everyday as has never happened before in almost 54 years of dictatorship in Cuba.
– Only in the month of October were reported 909 cases of repression by the only Human Rights organization from the FIDH with presence in the island of Cuba, the Cuban Commission for Human Rights and National Reconciliation. The monthly average political arrests in the last 3 months has reached 721, and keeps increasing every month.
– Together with these illegal political detainees, many of them hit and beaten but released in days, there are cases in which the regime makes up false cases of “contra-revolution” or common causes of those most valuable and/or brave activists of UNPACU and other organizations.
– 3 of these cases, after months in jail and in hunger and thirst strikes, are critical, as they have been tortured, beaten and humiliated to a point in which they became stopping feeding as a result of a die-or-free ultimate hope basis.
PRISONEERS & CASES:
– Angel Yunier Remón Arzuaga, from Bayamo, is the leading singer of a hip-hop group, and known as “El Critico”. He is also an UNPACU leader in Bayamo and Manzanillo. A campaign in twitter with hashtag #FreeElCritico, which have supported many Cuban singers and musicians (Gloria Estefan, Willy Chirino, Albita Rodríguez, Amaury Gutiérrez and Marisela Verena, among others) has been calling the attention to the media. His case was reported to the Inter-American Commission For Human Rights and other forty Human Rights Organizations around the globe, and it is expected a soon declaration of some of them. He is been now for 27 days in a thirst and hunger strike at the Jail Hospital.
– Roilán Alvarez Rensoler (hashtag of twitter #FreeRoilan) and Rubislandy Ávila González were detained because of a false accusation by Mr Prudencio Villalón, someone proved to work for Cuban Intelligence Police as an infiltrated, and supported by a proven false dissident name of Ernesto Vera, which was recently uncovered by an intelligent maneuver made by UNPACU designed to catch him (See Press News of the fact 1, 2 and more). And… it doesn’t even matter, as Prudencio Villalón claimed Roilán and Rubislandy stole a computer from Mrs. Belkis Cantillo Ramirez, who later clearly stated that Roilán and Rubislandy where the ones who recovered the computer stolen from the accusatory witness, Mr Prudencio Villalon. Both, instead of released, have been in jail for months, tortured, beaten, hit all their bodies, and both started a hunger strike, which only Roilán now stands strong in, and in a critical state in the I.C.U. at the Carlos Manuel de Céspedes Hospital. His case was reported to the Inter-American Commission For Human Rights and other forty Human Rights Organizations around the globe, and it is expected a soon declaration of some of them.
– Marcelino Abreu Bonora (hashtag en twitter recently created #FreeMarcelino) , had the idea of celebrating Fidel Castros’s birthday yelling “Long life to Human Rights”, “Down with tyranny”, and so freedom expressions. He made a third person to capture the moment with the camera and this is exactly why and when he was imprisoned: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANKqsJFlhL8 & link to Cubanet News. He has been mistreated, hit and has been in a hunger strike for 52 days now.
STATEMENTS MADE BY DIFFERENT PARTIES:
–José Daniel Ferrer, Executive Secretary of the Patriotic Union of Cuba (UNPACU), has declared that “the responsibility for the cases of Angel Yunier Remón Arzuaga and Marcelino Abreu Bonora are entirely on Cuba’s Government and directly under the responsibly of the Castro brothers. In the case of Roilán Álvarez Rensoler, guilt extends to false witness, Mr. Prudencio Villalón, and the one who supports his version on an Internet blog and has been proved working for the security of the Cuban State.”
– Gloria Estefan, on her side, has declared in favor of freedom of Angel Yunier Remón Arzuaga, “The critic”, by sending a video and twits on the Internet with her support. Many other Cuban artists have supported this and other three cases.
– Universal Tolerance, reputed Norway human rights organization, has also declared officially by a document sent to the Inter-American Commission for Human Rights its position and support in cases of Roilán Álvarez Rensoler and Rubislandy Ávila González.
– At the same time, the Inter-American Commission for Human Rights is conducting a study both of the case of Angel Yunier, Roilán and Rubislandy that will soon be released.
– Other international Human Rights organizations are also considering cases of the three “close to death” prisoners of conscience.
For more information, contact:
- UNIÓN PATRIÓTICA DE CUBA (UNPACU):
|José Daniel Ferrer, Cuba, Executive Secretary Teléfono: +53 53146740 / +53 58323612|
Guillermo Fariñas, Spokesman
Teléfono: + 53 52 41 57 09
Felix Navarro, General Coordinator
Teléfono: + 53 53 68 87 45
Luis Enrique Ferrer, EEUU, International Rep.
Teléfono: + 1 786 553 16 66
Javier Larrondo, Madrid, European Union Rep.
|Website of Unión Patriótica de Cuba:www.unpacu.org|
Tweeter from José Daniel Ferrer:
Direct videos from Cuba (YouTube Channel):
Facebook: in “Luis Enrique Ferrer Garcia” or “Unión Patriótica de Cuba”